- “Booking” means the period for which you have paid at the Property.
- “Property” means Port Arthur Lodge, 6963 Arthur Highway, Port Arthur 7182 and all fixtures, fittings and equipment.
- “Management” means the managers of the Property.
- “Guests” means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during a Booking.
2. Acceptance and Responsibility
- Payment of deposit or the entire reservation constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- All Bookings are made as 2 x queen rooms and per room after that.
- Children in a cot are at no extra cost.
3. Check In/Out
- Check-in time is 2 pm or after on the arrival date and check out time is 10 am or before on the departure date.
- Extra charges will apply for late check outs.
- Please notify Management of expected arrival time and a mobile contact number 4 days before arrival.
- Key collection/returns will be through the use of a key safe, the code will be emailed on receipt of payment in full prior to your book in date or by other arrangement.
4. Security Bond
- A credit card authorisation must be provided at confirmation of your Booking.
- If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. fire, storm, damage etc) then Management will inform you immediately and endeavour to obtain suitable alternative accommodation for your occupancy. Failing this any money paid will be refunded in full.
- Functions require prior approval at time of Booking and special conditions will apply including extra charges, Guests remain responsible for persons attending, no disturbance of neighbours, no undue noise, no behaviour likely to cause damage to Property or offence or embarrassment to others, all noise to cease by 10 pm.
- Breach of this condition may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund and extra charges for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repair etc.
7. Linen and Towels
- We supply linen, pillows, blankets and towels which must be left where supplied in the bathroom or bedroom on departure.
- No pets allowed. Assistance dogs permitted.
9. Your Other Responsibilities
- You must comply with all applicable Port Arthur Lodge Rules and all instructions from Management and caretakers of the Property concerning occupancy, Property, heath, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours.
- You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property and any part of it during your stay. You must notify us of this immediately.
- Management May recover from you repair or replacement cost (at Management discretion).
- Only the Guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property over night. If any other Guests stay, extra charges will apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund.
- Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges will apply for security and other expenses.
- Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, crockery and cutlery washed, dried and packed away. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
- Extra cleaning charges will be incurred for cleaning of dirty dishes, removal of excessive rubbish etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual cost for cleaning the Property you will be charged the additional cost over and above the normal cleaning fee which will be charged to your credit card.
- All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived.
- The Property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked. All keys must be returned to Management or as otherwise directed.
- You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys. Duplicated keys can be provided on request.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside of the building.
10. Problems or Complaints
- In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform Management at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- You must allow repair/service access to the Property during reasonable hours.
- Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to Management prior to departure from the Property.
- Failure to follow this procedure may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
- We recommend all Guests purchase travel insurance since Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at our Property.